Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update 10/27/09

I went to the doctor yesterday and was a little discouraged that my adrenals have seemingly taken a step backwards. I am thankful that the 'symptoms' aren't any worse, but my body is definitely not handling things well.

Also, some spiritual things came up. He was taking my blood pressure in hopes to find out something about my inability to sleep well and it just kept going lower and lower. He was waiting for it to bottom out. A certain topic (that I will certainly share as the Lord reveals more to me) came up and while I was laying there my blood pressure went way up! I did not 'feel' upset, but my body was responding in a negative way. Once again confirming that even when we don't 'feel' stress our body is still be stressed out! He pointed out that there is something to deal with there. I am anxious to see what it is.

He has me not taking naps, which is not good for someone with adrenal fatigue, because SLEEP is what you need for your body to heal. I am not sleeping well at night still and he hopes to MAKE my body sleep by not letting it sleep during the day.

It is not working, yet. I am sleeping worse at night and am actually having some type of anxiety symptoms as I am trying to sleep. Not ones that I think in my head, but my heart races a bit. These I think are once again "paradoxical reactions" like I experienced early in this illness. My body desperately needs rest, but responds the exact opposite way! I have taken a few short naps as I am exhausted.

I continue to marvel at the spiritual aspect of this, and most of that I share on my other blog, She Looketh Well.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I had adrenal dysfunction and have healed my body of it in the course of a year and a half. I did it through a naturopathic doctor and the herbs she subscribed and healing my emotions. Have you heard of the book "Feelings Buried Alive Never Die" by Karol Truman? It has changed my life. I'm so grateful for it and know God lead me to it.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete