Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day Four Elimination Diet

Mama is fading fast. I seem to be coming down with what the others have had, severe headache and tummy issues. Well, for now it is just the headache, hopefully I won't be up all night in front of the toilet like my 19 year old son was! Poor guy.

The kids are amazing me with their eagerness to try new foods! Today it was Butternut Squash Soup. They would not have tried it willingly in the past. I am praising God, as I think if nothing else, this has so broadened their palates. They are so willing and want to be in the kitchen helping prepare these new meals. Today they loved drizzling coconut milk over their soup, they thought it was so cool to do it themselves.

Tonight's dinner was Summer Vegetable Kitcheree. I varied it a little bit as I didn't have some of the spices, but it was okay. I had chicken soup, trying to keep it bland for now.

My day:

Green Smoothie (spinach base)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 over perfectly easy eggs! served over a tiny bit of our hash (haven't had eggs in a while, loved them!)
1 cup squash soup
some fish
Celery w/ sunbutter
Chicken soup and romaine salad

Not as much 'raw' as I wanted, but I did not feel well. The last couple of days I have been having a hard time eating enough and soon enough, before my blood sugar crashes. I have lowered my pituitary supplements slowly over the past week, and I wonder if this is the cause. I also woke up today with an old familiar 'heavy' feeling which goes away when my pituitary supplements are at their ideal level. I go to the doctors tomorrow so we will see if I dropped too many pills. It could just be an off day, busy week, extra stress and three very good feeling busy days! Hard to tell.

Oh, and while preparing the butternut squash for our soup, my hand slipped and I ripped my thumbnail so far down and half way off the nail bed! It is by far the worst and the lowest I have ever ripped a fingernail. I cried and walked in circles not knowing what to do. The littles followed me and hugged me, it was so sweet!

So, all in all, not a great day, but I serve a GREAT GOD who has new mercies for me in the morning, goodnight ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment