Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Successful Day Two of Elimination Diet

Woo Hoo! I would say today went very well! Tons of smoothie making and cooking though ;-) My children are eating better than ever, and we already ate great. They love the Yam and Adzuki Hash.

For lunch I stir fried some veggies in olive oil, onion, garlic, broccoli, green beans, snow peas until tender. I add a little water to make a 'sauce' and served it over rice. (I do soak my rice according to Nourishing Traditions) They loved it, but did miss the Tamari sauce.

Dinner was a Lentil and Rice casserole from The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook. The reviews were good. I thought it was a bit bland, but I like things 'spicy'.

I did not eat it as I am sticking to the way I have been eating which is veggies and protein! Today I had Atlantic Cod (from Costco, it is awesome) and a salad with lemon and olive oil. The lemon is not on the elimination diet, but I don't think I have a problem with citrus.

I felt so much better eating the way I normally do. I am glad I tried the smoothies for a day, but it was certainly a closed door for this adrenal fatigued mama!

Brian did his second green smoothie day and did well.

I was so happy to be buzzing around in the kitchen all day. It felt a little like the old me, though I still tire easily. I can tell I am getting better ever since early December when my doctor put me back on some pituitary supplements and my diet was way more focused on no carbs again. That is pretty much how I have eaten since last February, but you know there are 'mess ups' here and there where I get off track. By God's grace I sailed through the holidays with very little sugar, praise God!

I also think the addition of some thyroid supplements and some essential oils last week will help, I just haven't been taking them regularly. :-(

I so want to do a separate post on what I feel green smoothies have done for me.

So, my diet today:

Green Smoothie (romaine, pear and blueberry)
Chicken, celery, cranberries, green apple (salad)
Kombucha (love it!)
Cod and salad
Enjoying a final glass of Kombucha as I type!

No comments:

Post a Comment