Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday Night Crash

This past week was outrageously busy. With all the cooking and trying to keep everyone in green smoothies and not 'starving', I was constantly on the go. Through into that a few trips to the store for more produce and a doctor appointment, and it was busy!

I am so thankful that I was able to keep up, for the most part. It felt so good to be doing all the 'doing' that needed to be done. It has been months, six to be exact.

I should not have been surprised, when on Saturday night, shortly after dinner I utterly and completely crashed! Exhaustion like I have not felt in a long time filled every cell of my body. I was shocked by how quickly it came over me.

The emotions began to get out of control as the tiredness took hold of me. I began to cry for absolutely no reason other than EVERYTHING felt too big.

I showered, and cried. I got my snuggly clothes, and cried. We went downstairs for our 'date', and I cried. I cried because I love Brian so much. I cried because I was hungry and didn't know what to eat. I cried . . .well, for anything and everything! ;-)

I didn't sleep that well, but not horribly either. I awoke so tired again. I have sort of forgotten that this and worse is how I felt for months! Obviously I need to take it slower, if possible this week.

I need to remember to praise Him for the ALL I was able to do and also praise Him for calling my to rest! That is the hard part. Don't we just want to do and do once given the opportunity? This is a journey. I am still learning how to rest. Just when I think I am getting somewhere with it, I push and push!

It is okay to rest! It is okay to slow! We cannot do it all, nor does HE expect us to. Let's take the burden off of ourselves and joyfully do only what He allows us to!

For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength. . . (Is 30:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment